29 May 2016

Flowers That Touch My Soul

Today's post at www.BillieJoMonger.com is a tad bit different and perhaps a bit more personal so please do bear with me as I've never met a flower that I did not like.
Goatsbeard
Forever and that proverbial day ago,  my maternal grandmother explained to me that each of us must create those things in  life which we find beautiful as beauty is very different for each one of us. 
  
Lady's Slipper 
Well, I happen to love trees.  I love flowers. I also love creeks and many other wonders of God's world which we all tend to overlook or perhaps take for granted as we hurry to live the days of our lives.

Dutchman's Breeches

Women being women,soon discovered plants that grew naturally in Virginia and moved them from the forest into their very own yards and gardens. Mr. Fred Becks was always fond of saying, "A man worked hard to clear the land and a women followed right along behind him,  dragging bushes and other things from the woods until it was worse than it had been before the man started clearing it." 

Dianthus or Pinks
Time passed and the Virginia Colony grew, until one day, it became a permanent settlement. 

Sea Holly
Soon, designed gardens were all the rage, especially in Williamsburg. Some exhibited plants from all over the world. 


Cherry Tomatoes 
Of course, vegetables were planted for the betterment of their health and the enjoyment they brought to their meals

Foxgloves
Good agricultural practices and technological advances have enriched our lives with beautiful plants of all descriptions.
Himalayan Blue Poppies
During the past year I was sent the web addresses for two different sites which have indeed brought joy to my soul. I hope that each of you will enjoy these two sites as much as I have.  Please note that the photographs in this post were taken from these two sites:
1. Earth Laughs In Flowers
2. The Gardens Of The Soul
Arrangement In Recycled Lamp Base
Pachira Aquatica

Albert Duer Rose 

Sorbet Delight Peony






No comments:

Post a Comment